GDPR Compliance: I am not collecting any personal information of any reader of or visitor to this blog. I am using Blogger, provided by Google to host this blog. I understand that Google is using cookies to collect personal information for its Analytics and Adsense applications. I trust that (but has no way to verify) Google has incorporated the necessary data protection features in their applications

08 May 2016

Personal Inventory for Self-analysis

In his book, Think and Grow Rich, Mr.Napoleon Hill discusses a set of questions that one should answer on a regular basis. He suggests a frequency of one year. I would suggest a quarterly inventory. You should answer these questions sincerely and take corrective actions where required. The list of questions are:
  1. Did I have a goal for the year?
  2. Have I attained my goal for the year?
  3. Have I delivered service for the best possible quality of which I was capable, or could I have improved any part of this service?
  4. Haas the spirit of my conduct been harmonious and cooperative at all times?
  5. Have I delivered this service int he greatest possible quantity of which I was capable?
  6. Have I allowed procrastination to decrease my efficiency and if so, to what extent?
  7. Have I improved my personality? if so, how?
  8. Have I been persistent in following my plan to completion?
  9. Have I reached decisions promptly and definitely on all occasions?
  10. Have I permitted one or more of the six basic fears to decrease my efficiency?
  11. Have i been either over-cautious or under--cautious? 
  12. Has my relationship with my associate in work been pleasant or unpleasant? It it has been unpleasant was I at fault?
  13. Have I dissipated my energy through lack of concentration of effort?
  14. Have I been open-minded and tolerant in connection with all subjects?
  15. In what way did I improve my ability to render service?
  16. Have I been intemperate in my habits?
  17. Have I expressed, either openly or secretly, any form of egotism?
  18. Has my conduct towards my associates been such as to motivate them to respect me?
  19. Have I taken decisions based on accurate analysis?
  20. Have I followed the habit of budgeting my time, my expenses and my income and have I been conservative in these budgets?
  21. How can I re-budget my time and change my habits so that I will be more efficient in the coming year?
  22. How much time have I wasted?
  23. Have I been guilty of any conduct that has not been approved by my conscience?
  24. In what ways have I rendered more and better service that I was paid to render?
  25. Have I been unfair to anyone?
  26. If I had been the purchaser of my service for the year, would I be satisfied with my service?
  27. Has the purchaser of my service been satisfied with the service I have rendered and if not, why not?
  28. Am I in the right vocation and if not, why not?
  29. What is my present rating on the fundamental principles of success?

No comments: