GDPR Compliance: I am not collecting any personal information of any reader of or visitor to this blog. I am using Blogger, provided by Google to host this blog. I understand that Google is using cookies to collect personal information for its Analytics and Adsense applications. I trust that (but has no way to verify) Google has incorporated the necessary data protection features in their applications

10 October 2013

30 Days, 30 Veggies: Day 2: Carrot Fry

I like Carrot but I find it difficult to cook.

The problem is that when I was growing up, carrot was an exotic vegetable and was infrequently prepared at home. Carrot was also expensive. My mom used to make three different preparations with Carrot. One, Carrot Fry. Two, Carrot 'Kootu' and three, Carrot Sambar. I liked these recipes, but when it came to cooking Carrot, I could prepare only Carrot Fry and Sambar.

Yet to learn how to prepare 'Kootu'.

I will learn to, I  will learn to

I followed Tarla Dalal closely to prepare this preparation. I did not add 'Methi' since I wanted a Pure Carrot Subzi

Ms.Dalal asked us to cut the Carrots with the skin. She mentions that the peel contains fibre. I did not heed that advice. Having to cook carrot is one thing, but to keep the skin? No way.

(I took the peeled skin, washed it again and prepared Carrot Skin Soup. It was not delicious.)

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients

1. Carrot cubes (finely chopped): 2 Cups
2. Onions, finely chopped: 1/2 cup
3. Cumin Seeds: A bit
4. Oil: two spoonfuls
5. Ginger: Finely grated: A bit
6. 2-3 Garlic cloves
7. 1/2 spoon Haldi (Turmeric)
8. 1/2 spoon Coriander Powder
9. Salt to taste
10. Coriander Leaves a bit.

Preparation

  1. Heat the oil in the pan. 
  2. Add cumin seeds. wait till they splutter.
  3. Add the onions and saute till they are golden brown
  4. Add all the rest in the pan
  5. Mix thoroughly
  6. Heat in Low-Medium Heat for about 10 minutes till the carrots are soft
  7. Switch off the heat, top it with Coriander leaves
  8. Eat
Folks, the preparation turned out to be very tasty.
Day 2 over, 28 to go.



No comments: