GDPR Compliance: I am not collecting any personal information of any reader of or visitor to this blog. I am using Blogger, provided by Google to host this blog. I understand that Google is using cookies to collect personal information for its Analytics and Adsense applications. I trust that (but has no way to verify) Google has incorporated the necessary data protection features in their applications

11 November 2017

Signing with Green Ink....

I was talking to my friend, who is a Chartered Accountant, that I was planning to set up a company and as a part of that I was planning to apply for a Director Identification Number (DIN). This is a legal requirement in India. You cannot become a director of any company without a DIN.

"Once I have a DIN, I would be a very select minority in the country who has a DIN and who is eligible to sit in the meeting of Board of Directors", I told him, "That is an awesome feeling"

"I know that feeling, I felt the same when I was able to sign the Financial Reports of a Company using a 'Green Ink' pen", he responded.

I did not understand. He explained that as per convention generally followed in India, only a select few professionals including Chartered Accountants and Senior Bureaucrats, use Green Ink to sign important documents. So getting eligibility to use Green Ink to sign documents is a big deal....

What about you? Do you have some experience like this which made you feel very proud of your achievements?

No comments: